The 5th International Conference on Halal and Healthy Products under GİMDES will be held in Holiday Inn Hotel Ballroom, Istanbul, on Saturday, 1st of September 2012.
This year in the conference, there will be 4 sessions which will address the issues and solutions to the Muslim community’s search for Halal products, which can be considered as a matter of faith. These sessions are in the following order:
Session I: “Halal Certification and Practice Problems in Non-Muslim Countries”
Session II: “Problems and Solutions to the Halal Product Trade among Muslim Countries”
Session III: “Halal and Health Problems of Drugs and Cosmetics, and the Problems of Developing an Islamic Production System”
Session IV: “The Problems and Solutions of Establishing Single Halal Standards”
The program will start at 9:30 and end at 19:00.
The confernece is eagerly anticipated by the domestic and foreign public, and is expected to have many participants.
The list of participants presenting during the sessions are as follows:
1. Rasheed Ahmed (USA) President of Muslim Consumer Group for Food Products
2. Dinar SADIKOV (RUSSIA) President of World Halal Research and Information Centre, Russia
3. Dr. Hani El Mazeedi (KUWAIT) Vice-President of Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research
1. Mustafa KOCA (TURKEY) ASKON President
2. Associate Professor Hajjah Mariam Abdul Latif (MALAYSIA)
3. Prof. Dr. Ömer Torlak (TURKEY) Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Eskisehir Osman Gazi University
1. Associate Dr. İlker ALAT (TURKEY) Afyonkarahisar Government Hospital
2. Prof Dr. Shuhaimi Mustafa (MALAYSIA) University of Putra, Molecular Biologist – HPRI Assistant Director)
3. Dr. Halim Aydın (TURKEY) MÜSİAD Chairman of the board of Food and Agriculture Sector
1.Dr. Amirsyah TAMBURAN (INDONESIA) MUI Deputy Secretary of Headquarters
2. Dr.Hüseyin Kâmi BÜYÜKÖZER (TURKEY) GİMDES Halal Products Research Institute Director
3. Shaigh Thafier Najjar (SOUTH AFRICA) ICSA President and Vice President for Religious Affairs. WHC Executive Chairman of the Board
4. Dr. Fahri Benli (AUSTRALIA) Dean of RMIT University
Moderators for the sessions are as follows:
Session I Moderator: Prof.Dr. Ahmet AKGÜNDÜZ (NETHERLANDS) Islamitische Universiteit Rotterdam
Session II Moderator: Prof.Dr. Yusuf Ziya Kavakcı(USA) Member of the Council, ISNA. Founder of IANT Quran Academy in Dallas.
Session III Moderator: Yrd. Doç. Dr. Mustafa Kemal BAŞARALI (TURKEY) Dicle University, Faculty of Medicine
Session IV Moderator: Dr.Muhamad Nadratuzzaman Hosen (INDONESIA) Treasurer for National Shariah Council and the Indonesian Council of Ulama (MUI)
The conference will be addressing industry actors, academicians, civil society organizations, consumers, tradesmen, and all related public agency managers and professionals.