When it comes to Halal and Tayyib food certification, some may think that the scope of Halal is only for Muslims. In reality, requirements for Halal and Tayyibness ensure very high quality in food and consumables process and production. Therefore, everyone can consume Halal and Tayyib Certified products because they are produced according to a system that implements the standard of excellence and guarantees the safety of the product.
Our (GIMDES) Halal standards are such standards that are convenient for all humanity.
We have alreay declared some ingredients and additives as strictly prohibited as we consider them to be incompatible with Halal and Tayyib requirements.
If we see some of these additives written on product labels, we should avoid consuming these products.
In addition to this, we have also explained the critical control points for the products that GIMDES allows.
As an example, we are giving here some ingredients not permitted to use and Critical Control Points of some ingredients usable as per GIMDES Halal Standards.
STRICTLY PROHIBITED INGREDIENTS IN ICE CREAM AND FRUIT ICE:
Some manufacturers of Ice Cream tend to use the below ingredients. However, for reasons of human health, and
– HYDROGENISED PLANT OIL (not permitted at all for health reasons)
– E407 CARRAGEENAN (not permitted at all for health reasons)
– ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS (not permitted at all for health reasons)
– ARTIFICIAL COLORING (not permitted at all for health reasons)
– E441 GELATINE (not permitted at all)*
* not allowed because 1. difficulty in assessment the source of raw materials. 2. There are other alternatives of gelatine and it is also nonsense to use animal based materials for a dairy product.GIMDES does NOT certify gelatine and does not accept Halal certificates of Gelatine issued by other parties.
CRITICAL CONTROL POINTS IN ICE CREAM AND FRUIT ICE:
These below ingredients may be used but they have to have a valid Halal certificate from a reliable Halal Certifying Body.
Natural colorants, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Aroma, Xantham Gum or other gums, Mono and diglycerides, Lecithin, Cone, Vegetable fats, Milk.